Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Obama the strongest Democratic Candidate, Clinton ...
- New Op-ed: Women's suffrage over time
- Freedomnomics Recommended as "Great Gift" for Holi...
- CBS Correspondent Predicts Close Decision Over DC ...
- Well I actually know a murderer
- Why Athletes need guns
- C-SPAN 2 tonight at 7 PM EST
- Most Acquaintance Murders in NYC involve Criminals...
- New Posting up at Jurist.law.pitt.edu
- I just hope that James Taranto is correct about Gu...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine