Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Sockpuppets used by Hillary Clinton Campaign
- Disarming police in Mexico
- Permit holder kills intruder in his house
- Convicted Criminal Arrested When Trying to Get Con...
- Even Convicted Felons Can Use Guns Legitimately fo...
- Permit Holder Pizza Delivery man kills robber
- Fired for stopping shoplifter
- Armed clerks turn tables on would-be robbers
- Fewer Armed Police, More Violent Crime
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine