Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- 306 to 18: Congressional Support for an Individual...
- Majority of Congress On Record that the Right to O...
- Debate in Washington State over Whether to Create ...
- Briefs available on DC Gun Ban case
- Citizens banned from Carrying Concealed handguns w...
- There is some cost for governments nationalizing t...
- Hillary's campaign imploding?
- McCain's voting record.
- The Emptiness of Campaign Finance Reform
- Typical email that I am getting on the Republican ...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine