Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Simple "common-sense" approaches to handling Compa...
- Another case where a criminal begs to avoid the de...
- "Columbine To Va. Tech To NIU: Gun-Free Zones Or K...
- Sienna Miller "Loves" Guns
- Alex Tabarrok on Gun Buybacks
- It looks like global warming will actually doom us...
- SNL's take on media coverage of Obama's campaign
- Is the "high price" of everything from coffee in r...
- January an extremely cold month historically, Snow...
- Kentucky Considers Letting Permitted Concealed Han...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine