Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- "Bush Lawyers Target Gun Control's Legal Rationale...
- "AP Poll: 3 in 10 in U.S. Give Tsunami Aid"
- Did the Dead vote in governor's race?
- Latest Estimated Percent of Adults with Concealed ...
- New Poll on Gun Ownership Rates
- Another op-ed on the National Academy of Sciences ...
- "DNA connects slain robber to three Camden rapes"
- John Fund apparently claims that there is evidence...
- Ballistic Fingerprinting continues to fail in Mary...
- Will Rossi pull it out in the Washington Governor'...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine