Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Legislation to reduce political bias in college cl...
- President's Day
- Losers cry foul
- Three Defensive Gun Uses from last couple of days
- When governments don't even trust the police to ow...
- Idaho concealed weapons permit holders could carry...
- Who gets denied concealed handgun permits when dis...
- CSPAN replaying presentation on Judicial Confirmat...
- "Burglar-alarm policy prompts call to arms"
- New Research and Presentation on the Judicial Conf...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine