Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- NRA leader considers letting teachers carry guns
- Apparently it is pretty easy to surprise some US S...
- New piece on CBS's program this past weekend on 50...
- Will St. Louis soon start issuing permits?
- Scarborough Country Transcript: Arming teachers?
- May be there is some hope
- Another student killer on Prozac
- Woman defends herself against violent husband
- New piece on shootings in gun free zones
- Iraqi citizens use their guns to attack terrorists...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine