Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- More Crime Problems in UK: Surge in unsolved crime...
- "Pew Research Center Poll Shows Liberals, Media Ou...
- Canadian Liberals cynically play gun issue
- New Push for Expanding Gun Control
- Scalia on Bush v. Gore
- Doctors inconsistently evaluating different types ...
- Workplace shooting stopped by armed business owner...
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Gun Ownership Rates set to Plummet in South Africa...
- Letter that I have in today's Washington Times
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine