Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Canadian Liberal Gun Ban Proposal Sends Gun Sales ...
- Canadian Liberal's Handgun Ban Having No Effect on...
- Low Birth Rate shows impact: Japan's Population Be...
- What is on Dick Cheney's Ipod
- Sonya Jones has two interesting posts up
- Zero Tolerance:: penalties for toy guns the same a...
- New op-ed in today's NY Post
- Environmentalists get it backwards
- Follow up on last week's article in SF Chronicle
- Canadian Liberal's Handgun Ban Opposd by Most Vote...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine