Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- The Economist Magazine on Steve Levitt and Abortio...
- No Place But Texas
- Forests may cause global warming
- Nebraska to begin Debate on Monday on RIght to Car...
- Democrats Apparently Realize that Their Plans for ...
- Schumer exaggerating cell phone record risk?
- FT: "Europe hit by rise in brutal bank robberies"
- FEC lets Hillary off easy
- Abramoff Affair
- Even if their governent doesn't understand, Canadi...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine