Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- A confession
- The ABA Responds to my op-ed in the New York Times...
- Vote on best gun blog
- A note from a law school student
- Research on Guns and Road Rage
- Comment on Broke Back Mountain
- WHAT POLICE HAVE SAID ABOUT THE CANADIAN GUN REGIS...
- Who said that lawsuits weren't out of control?
- Wisconsin Assembly Veto Override Fails, Two Democr...
- Blackwell and Swan wins in Ohio and Pennsylvania w...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine