Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Noncitizens voting in North Carolina
- No confidence in Global Warming: Democrats again t...
- Jeane Kirkpatrick, Ex-Ambassador and very nice per...
- Attorneys for the District of Columbia argued 2nd ...
- More Judges Carrying handguns
- Now this might actually work: How to ensure that ...
- Robber with knife meets his match with a person wi...
- Zero Tolerance Policies Ineffective and possibly C...
- Talk on Abortion and Crime at the University of We...
- New Book Out: Straight Shooting
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine