Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Extensive interview with Bill Steigerwald at the P...
- Another Review of Freedomnomics
- Senator John Edwards asks if Cuba has a government...
- Regulating Prescription Drug Prices Will Cost Live...
- Census Bureau Asks that ICE stops rounding up Ill...
- Most of the victims at Virginia Tech were over 21 ...
- Talk at the Cato Institute available here
- More on Students Carrying Guns on Campus
- George Mason Students Come Out for Carrying Concea...
- Some Los Angeles Police Discuss Letting Citizens C...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine