Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- Appearance from Thursday on The Greg Knapp Experie...
- Another mention of Freedomnomics
- Steroids for Academics?
- Op-ed on New Jersey Eliminating Its Death Penalty
- "400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global...
- Kyoto curtailing carbon dioxide emissions?
- Using a tragedy to pass unrelated gun regulations
- Government Regulation: Our mistake, you pay
- College makes students more liberal?
- ‘The Politically Incorrect Guide to Hunting’
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine