Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- The risks of robbing a store: Sometimes the store ...
- Pro self-defense students win Debate at the Univer...
- Concealed handgum permit holder's intervention in ...
- Push for Gun Control in Illinois
- British "Beer Commercial Featuring Shotgun Is Bann...
- Florida boy accused of assault with rubber band
- Election Assistance Commission Meeting in Columbus...
- Legislation to reduce political bias in college cl...
- President's Day
- Losers cry foul
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine