Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- The Rules to get a Permit Really Matter: Texas
- Is the Bush administration backtracking on the Sec...
- Saddam's Execution by Hanging Video
- A little math can be a dangerous thing: Washington...
- The Federal Election Commission now watching car b...
- Murder rates up in many cities
- Massachusetts: 203,302 Concealed Handgun Permits
- Weird Crime Fact: Male Rapes
- NYT: “Very rarely will an African-American woman w...
- Despite legal risks, Fox hunting will still occur ...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine