Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. This summer I will be moving to the University of Maryland. Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Reviews of Freedomnomics
- NY Times just doesn't get it on Drug Price Control...
- "Lumpy" Lambert Foils Robbery with Pistol
- A real scandal in Chicago's crime statistics
- "Mich. Supreme Court Weighs Requiring ID To Vote'
- Possible problem with voting machine
- Testimony of Suzanna Gratia Hupp
- "Furor over Study of Failed Aussie Gun Buy-Up"
- "Home Invasion Ends In Deadly Shooting"
- With Dems in control, "high hopes" that Federal As...
- Legal right to arm oneself in jail?
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine